Monday, July 30, 2012

Opening Prayer Series: Collect for 17th Sunday of Yr B

The Collect for the 17th Sunday of Year B reads as follows:

Let us pray,
O God, protector of those who hope in You,
without whom nothing has firm foundation, nothing is holy,
bestow in abundance Your mercy upon us,
and grant that, with You as our ruler and guide
we may use the good things that pass in such a way 
as to hold fast even now to those that ever endure
Through our Lord Jesus Christ Your Son,
who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God for ever and ever.

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged:

  1. Why do I hope in God?
  2. In what areas of my life am I in need of God's mercy?
  3. Is what areas of my life is God the ruler and guide and in what areas of my life do I still rule?
  4. Name the good things that I can use in such a way as to hold fast to those that endure?
  5. What are the good things that ever endure?
  6. How I am progressing spiritually in this Year of Grace? 
  7. What is my special goal this coming week to grow in God's grace?



No comments:

Post a Comment