Thursday, June 7, 2012

What is the Good News for humanity?

 79. What is the Good News for humanity? (CCC422-424)

The Compendium states:
It is the proclamation of Jesus Christ, the "Son of the living God" (Mt 16:16) who died and rose from the dead.  In the time of King Herod, and the Emperor Caesar Augustus, God fulfilled the promises that He made to Abraham and his descendants.  He sent " His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were  under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons". (Galations 4:5-6)

What does this mean for me?

  1.  I am able to thank God each day that I have been redeemed because  of the life,death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
  2. I am able to appreciate my value to God that He has adopted me as ''sons" and therefore because of that adoption, I am also co-heirs with Christ.
Questions to consider:

  1. What does the life, death and resurrection of Jesus really mean to me?
  2. How does being an adopted child of God affect my life?
  3. How does Mary's role in the redemption story affect my relationship with her?
  4. How do I proclaim the Good News for humanity in my life?
  5. What aspects of Christ's death do I reflect on and how do these aspects help me appreciate His suffering?
  6. Reflect on the resurrection stories in scripture. What impact does Christ's resurrection from the dead give to my life?






No comments:

Post a Comment