Sunday, June 17, 2012

Opening Prayer Series: 11th Sunday of Ordinary Time Yr B

The Collect for the 11th Sunday of Ordinary Time Year B reads as follows:

Let us pray,
O God, strength of those who hope in You,
graciously hear our pleas,
and since without You mortal fraility can do nothing
grant us always the help of Your grace
that in following Your commands
we may please You in our resolve and our deeds.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ Your Son,
who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit
one God for ever and ever.

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged

  1. In what ways does God give me strength when I hope in Him?
  2. What happens to me when I try to do something without Christ?
  3. Why do I need to ask for the help of His grace?
  4. What are the commands that I follow and what ones do I need more resolve to follow?
  5. What commands do I follow in deed and what ones do I need to review so that my deeds match my resolve.
  6. What am I doing this week towards living out the Year of Grace ( see Year of Grace series).

Today's gospel reflection can be found in my series on the Gospel of Mark Section 3 Part 7-4:26-34.

No comments:

Post a Comment