Thursday, March 3, 2011

Compendium Series: God is love.

COMPENDIUM SERIES:

Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series Icon.



 

42. In what way does God reveal that He is love? (CCC 218-223)


Compendium states:

God revealed himself to Israel as the “One who has a stronger love than that of parents for their children or of husbands and wives for the spouses.  God in himself “is love” (1Jn 4:8:16), who gives Himself completely and gratuitously, who “so loved the world that he gave His only Son so that the world might be saved through him: ( John 3:16) By sending His Son and the Holy Spirit, God reveals that He himself is an eternal exchange of love.

 

What does this mean for me?

1.            God loves me unconditionally.

2.            I can repent of the times where I have not loved God with my whole
           heart and give Him an exchange of love that God deserves.

 Questions to consider:

1. How will a child who has had a parent/s who have been inadequate learn to respond to God who is love Himself?

2. What image do I have of God?

3. How can I give God my eternal exchange of love in my life? What needs to change?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment