Friday, March 18, 2011

Compendium Series: the central mystery of Christian faith and life


44. What is the central mystery of Christian faith and life? (CCC 232-237)

Compendium states:
The central mystery of Christian faith and life is the mystery of the Most Blessed Trinity.  Christians are baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

What does this mean for me?
1 I am grateful for the gift of faith and in faith I believe in the mystery of the Most Blessed Trinity.
2. I am thankful that I am a child of God made possible by Baptism.

Questions to consider:
  1. What does my baptism mean to me in my life?
  2. What is my relationship with Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
  3. How will I celebrate my own baptism anniversary? (visiting the church where I was baptized, or attending a baptism around the anniversary of my own baptism)
 During this time of Lent, we may wish to include a greater understanding of the sacrament of Baptism in our journey towards Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment