Thursday, February 10, 2011

No 39 Is God the only One who ''is''

COMPENDIUM SERIES

 


39. Is God the only One who “is”? (CCC 2222-223)

Compendium states:

Since creatures have received everything they are and have from God, only God in himself is the fullness of being and of every perfection. God is He who is” without origin and without end.  Jesus also reveals that he bears the divine name “I Am” (John 8:28).

 

What does this mean for me?

  1. I can praise God for all that God has given me and thank Him constantly.
  2. I can read John 8 to understand the context of how Jesus revealed that He bears the divine name.

 Questions to consider:

  1. What can I do to show my gratitude to God all that I have received and have from God?
  2. How do I bear the divine name within me in my daily life as a creature made in the image and likeness of God and with the Holy Spirit who resides in me?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment