Thursday, February 24, 2011

Compendium Series: In what way is God the truth?

Compendium Series:

 

Jesus the Teacher.



41. In what way is God the truth? (CCC 214-2217, 231)


Compendium states:

God is Truth itself and as such He can neither deceive nor be deceived. He is “light, and in him there is no darkness” (1 John 1:15). The eternal Son of God, the incarnation of wisdom, was sent into the world “to be witness to the Truth: (Jn 18:37).

 

What does this mean for me?

1.            I can praise God for being the God of Truth.

2.            I can repent of the times when I may have deceived God by deceiving
           my neighbour.

3.            I can thank God that God knows me perfectly and that God never
          deceives me either.

4.            I can meditate on the eternal Son of God coming into the world- the Word
           made flesh and dwelt amongst us”

 Questions to consider:

1.            Where is the darkness in my life and how might I bring it to the God of
            light.

2.            How can I be a witness to the Truth in my life each day?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment