Friday, February 4, 2011

The Commandment to Love Series: My body

The Commandment to Love Series: My body

My commandment to love series over the next 10-12 weeks focuses on how I can love myself in a practical manner this week and keep the commandment to love.

 

In this series I will focus on one idea that we can use in whatever it suits to accomplish a more rounded version of ' as yourself'.  I hope you will journey with me in this series.

 

So, my fourth intention for feeling good about myself this week is as follows:

 

 This week I will remember that as an ever loving, joyful soul, I am not my body.

 

 

How will make my intention tangible?  There are endless ways just as we are all unique.

However, as a starting point, I will first 

·          spend some time in prayerful reflection on thanking God for my soul and my                   body. 

·              Re-read my 'positive list about me' each day in my prayer time and add at least
         one extra positive each day.

·              Affirm each day that I am a child of God and that I am an loving, joyful soul my
         soul is the most important part of my being, since when it leaves the body, my
         soul will live with God for ever. To live with God for ever is my goal.

·              write down any opinions that I have both positive and negative about my body.
        Take this list into my prayer time to ask for God's guidance.

·             Examine my relationship to my body, and where there is a need for a review of
        diet, exercise and sleep routines, take positive action towards these aspects to
        gain a healthy respect of myself in my body.

Why do I want to do this?  I want to make progress with this fourth intention because: I want to keep the commandment to love more fully. Practicing this commandment means that I love myself as God loves me. Accepting my body as part of my overall being is important, since I want to gain a healthy respect for my body.   

 

Remembering that my body is an outward manifestation of who I am motivates me to take corrective action  with regard my diet, exercise and sleep routines.  However, I am not nor desire to be a diet or exercise addict, since this is not who I am.  I wish to integrate appropriate diet, exercise and sleep routines suited to my vocation and lifestyle.  I am  a super model since God made me both soul and body.

 

Let us keep the commandment to love 'as yourself'  by accepting our bodies, rather than being obsessed or desiring something unrealistic.Let us take corrective action where that is necessary for the healthy respect of our body and for our self esteem.

We are all super models- God made us in His own image and likeness.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment