Thursday, February 3, 2011

Compendium Series: With what name does God reveal Himself?(CCC 207-209, 230-231)


COMPENDIUM SERIES

 


38. With what name does God reveal Himself? (CCC 207-209, 230-231)

Compendium states:

God revealed Himself to Moses as the living God,” the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob” (Exodus 3:6).  God also revealed to Moses his mysterious name “I am Who I Am (YHWH)’.  Already in the Old Testament times this ineffable name of God was replaced by the divine title Lord.  Thus in the New Testament, Jesus who was called Lord is seen as true God.

 

What does this mean for me?

  1. Read Exodus chapter 3 to understand the context of how God revealed Himself to Moses.
  2. I can be more conscious of God’s name and acknowledge Him as the true God in my life.
  3. I can offer prayers for those who do not know God and those who misuse His name.
  4. I can sing ‘Jesus name above all names’ as a reminder of God’s holy name.

 Questions to consider:

  1. What name does God reveal to me?
  2. How might I reverence God’s name in my life and how might I encourage others to also reverence God’s name?
  3. Am I prepared to witness to God’s name when others misuse it?  What might I say to him/her?

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment