Sunday, May 2, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Fifth Sunday of Eastertide.


OPENING PRAYER SERIES.


THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES.

OPENING PRAYER

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for Fifth Sunday of Easter reads as follows:
Let us pray
(that we may enjoy true freedom)
God our Father,
look upon us with love,
You redeem us and make us your children in Christ.
Give us true freedom
and bring us to the inheritance You promised.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. What does enjoying true freedom mean to you?
2. What would be Christ's look of love to you?
3. What areas of my life do I need Christ's redeeming power?
4. What does being a child of God mean to me in my life?
5. What areas of my life need true freedom?
6. What does the inheritance You promised to me mean?
7. What areas in my life would I like Christ to renew in me during Eastertide.
8. How might I live in the joy and hope of my resurrection this week?

GOSPEL REFLECTION


On the Fifth Sunday of Easter, the Church highlights Respect for life Sunday.  Respect for life is vital at all stages from the infant in the womb to the elderly waiting to receive their eternal inheritance. We are God's children and every person is made in the image and likeness of God.  It is only natural that we should want to respect life since our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. We need to seek God with all our hearts and to deserve what He has promised. During this week may we experience new purpose and have a new life in Christ. 

May our week be filled with Alleluias as we continue our Easter journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment