Sunday, May 9, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Sixth Sunday of Eastertide

OPENING PRAYER SERIES.

                                THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES.

 


OPENING PRAYER


The Opening Prayer of the Mass for Sixth Sunday of Easter reads as follows:

Let us pray
(that we may practice in our lives in the faith we profess)
Ever-living God,
help us to celebrate our joy
in the resurrection of the Lord
and to express in our lives
the love we celebrate.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. What is the faith we profess?
2. What does practising this faith mean for me during this week?
3. What areas of my life do I need Christ's risen joy?
4. How might I practice in my life the love of the risen Lord?
5. What areas of my life need to express the love of the risen Lord?
6. What areas in my life would I like Christ to renew in me during Eastertide.
7. How might I live in the joy and hope of my resurrection this week?


GOSPEL REFLECTION

On the Sixth Sunday of Easter, the Gospel highlights the invitation of Jesus to keep His word and to make a home for Him in us. He asks us to abide with Him. He gives us the gift of peace which the world cannot give, and promises to send the Holy Spirit to be our Advocate.  This is indeed an awesome gift which we can receive and develop through our abiding relationship with Jesus by: 

(a) reading of the Scriptures, meditation and acting upon it in our lives.
(b) receiving Jesus in Holy Communion at Sunday and weekday Mass
(c) loving Jesus and abiding in His presence by the way we live our lives.

May our week be filled with Alleluias as we strive to abide with the Risen Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment