Sunday, May 30, 2010

Opening Prayer Series- Trinity Sunday

Opening Prayer Series

THE MASS.
OPENING PRAYER

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for Trinity Sunday reads as follows:
Let us pray 
(to the one God, Father, Son and Spirit)
Father,

You sent Your Word to bring us truth
and Your Spirit to make us holy 
Through them we come to know the mystery of your life 
Help us to worship You, one God in three Persons,
by proclaiming and living our faith in You.



REFLECTION QUESTIONS.

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. How does the Trinity work in my life?
2. How do I know the mystery of Your life through the Trinity this week?
3. What commitment am I prepared to make to know one God yet three persons in my life?
4. How I do worship the One True God yet Three Persons?
6. What relationship do I have with each of the Three Persons of the One God?
7. How might I proclaim and live my faith in the mystery of the Trinity? 

This feast highlights the relationship nature of God in that there is Fatherhood, Sonship and from that love issues the Holy Spirit. . We can spend time trying to explain it, as St Patrick did, using the shamrock and many others since, but in essence it is a mystery that we will never truly understand until we reach Heaven.  However, we do not need to wait until then to develop a relationship with each Person of the Blessed Trinity- we are still praying to God, but each Person of the Trinity can help us as we draw close in our lives.

May we come to worship a Trinity of Persons, one eternal God in our prayer and in our lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment