Sunday, May 16, 2010

Opening Prayer Series:The Ascension of Our Lord

OPENING PRAYER SERIES.


The Ascension of Our Lord




OPENING PRAYER


The Opening Prayer of the Mass for The Ascension of Our Lord reads as follows:
Let us pray 
(that the risen Christ will lead us to eternal life)
God our Father,
make us joyful in the ascension of Your Son Jesus Christ. 
May we follow Him into the new creation
for His ascension is our glory and our hope.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS.


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. Why do I want to live with the risen Christ for ever?
2. What does the feast of the Ascension of our Lord mean to me?
3. Why should this feast make me joyful?
4.What areas of my life still need to follow Him into the new creation?
6. What areas in my life would I like Christ to renew in me during Eastertide.
7. How might I live in the glory and hope of the ascension this week?


May our week be filled with Alleluias as we strive to abide with the Risen Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment