Sunday, April 25, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Fourth Sunday of Eastertide.

OPENING PRAYER SERIES.

THE MASS- OPENING PRAYER SERIES.
OPENING PRAYER 


The Opening Prayer of the Mass for Fourth Sunday of Easter reads  as follows:
Let us pray 
(that Christ our Shepherd will lead us through the difficulties of life)
Almighty and ever-living God,
give us new strength from the courage of Christ our Shepherd,
and lead us to join the saints in Heaven,
where He lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, 
one God, for ever and ever.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. What does the image of Christ as Shepherd impact on my life?
2. In what are the areas of difficulties in my life that I wish Christ our Shepherd to lead me?
3. What areas of my life do I need new strength?
4. What courage does Christ our Shepherd demonstrate?
5. How does Christ's courage impact on my life for this week?
6. What does living with ever living God for ever mean for me?
7. What areas in my life would I like Christ the Good Shepherd to renew in me during Eastertide.
8. How might I live in the joy and hope of my resurrection this week?

GOSPEL REFLECTION


On the Fourth Sunday of Easter, the Church highlights Christ as the Good Shepherd.  The Pope and the Bishops are the shepherds of the flock of Christ. In this Year of the Priest, it is fitting to acknowledge their special teaching and Pastoral ministry. You may like to
  • Pray for the Pope and Bishops of the Church, especially the Bishop of your diocese.
  • Send a card to acknowledge and thank the Bishop for his ministry.  If you know a bishop personally, this is indeed fitting.
The Church also highlights on this fourth Sunday of Easter known as 'Good Shepherd Sunday' Vocations to the Priesthood and religious life.  All the baptized have a vocation. We are all called to holiness.  For those called by Christ to the Priesthood and religious life, they are called in a special way and need our love and support for them to carry out the work Christ has asked of them.

May Christ the Good Shepherd encourage and embrace us,
May we listen to the sound of His voice,
Hear His call and follow Him.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment