Sunday, April 4, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Easter Sunday

OPENING PRAYER SERIES: EASTER SUNDAY

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.


OPENING PRAYER.

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for Easter Sunday reads as follows:

Let us pray
(that the risen Christ will raise us up)
God our Father,
by raising Christ Your Son,
You conquered the power of death.
and opened for us the way to eternal life.
Let our celebration today raise us up
and renew our lives by the Spirit that is within us.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. What does Christ's resurrection mean for you?
2. How has Christ conquered the power of death in your life?
3. How will I walk the way of eternal life during this week?
4. How will I bear witness to Your resurrection in my life this week?
5. What steps will I take during Eastertide to retain the renewal I carried out during Lent?
6. What difference does the Holy Spirit living within me make to my life? 


Christ, the Son of God was willing to obey the will of His Father to die and rise so that the whole human race could be saved. Christ died and rose for ME.  In the words of the psalm let us live out during Eastertide.

'This is the day the Lord has made,
let us rejoice and be glad'







No comments:

Post a Comment