Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Church lives through the crisis

Coping with Covid 19 Series.


Eucharist- Divine Mercy:
Image by David Eucaristía from Pixabay 

No social distancing from God.


  •  How are you coping through the pandemic?  
  •  What challenges are you experiencing?
  •  Are you missing being able to go to your parish for Mass and to pray?  
  •  Are you wanting to receive Jesus and are making a spiritual communion?


    The whole world is in this together but as Catholics, we should not be over fearful as Jesus is with us in this situation. God is greater than the virus. We need our faith strengthened and need to be solidarity in prayer for a better world after this crisis has ended.  It would be a crying shame if at the end of the crisis, we go back to our lives and the world has not changed its ways or never learned anything from it.

         So how have you adjusted to the situation?  


The first thing I did was made a spiritual stock take.  I started looking for live stream Masses.  I have provided a link  here   I live in Australia so attending Mass in UK was an obvious choice because I have been friends with the Parish priest there for a long time.  Yes, there are live stream Masses in Australia too.  It was a good starting point for me- something I had experienced when I was in hospital last year.

However, there is no Mass there on a Friday- there is another recommendation.  However yesterday being a first Friday, I searched the schedule on the same site only to discover a whole range of services live streamed- literally opened up the world to me. So, I attended Mass in Ireland yesterday. Here is the schedule page.

The other thing I have learned so far from this situation is to be in the right mind set for Mass just as you would be or even more so.  This is why I have deliberately used the word attending Mass rather than watching Mass.  When we watch a live stream Mass, we must remember we are at Mass and need to attend/participate fully. We are not enjoying ourselves as if we are watching a TV programme. It can be easy to fall into this trap.  Have the right mind set.

The most important thing to remember of course is that Jesus promised to be with us until the end of time. We know He always keeps His promises. 






No comments:

Post a Comment