Thursday, April 2, 2020

No 116 Did Jesus contradict Israel's faith in the one true God and Saviour?


COMPENDIUM SERIES

Jesus the Teacher

JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.



No 116.  Did Jesus contradict Israel’s faith in the one God and Saviour? (CCC 587-591,594)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:
‘Jesus never contradicted faith in the one true God, not even when He performed the stupendous divine work which fulfilled the messianic promises and revealed Himself as equal to God, the pardoning of sins.  However, the call of Jesus to believe in Him and to be converted makes it possible to understand the tragic misunderstanding of the Sanhedrin which judged Jesu to be worthy of death as a blasphemer.

What does this mean for me?

1.  I can thank God every day for His faithfulness to never contradicting the faith of the one
    true God even when He knew by revealing Himself as equal to God that it would cost Him
    His life.
2. I can be thankful that Jesus invites me each day to the call of conversion and to grow
    deeper in Him.”.
3. I can nourish my faith by reciting Nicene or Apostle’s Creed each day..

Questions to consider.


      1   How can I appreciate the saving plan of God- the Paschal Mystery in my life every
    day?
 2. 
How do I build up my own faith each day in Jesus?
        3. In what areas of my life do I need conversion of heart?
 4. How do I contribute to my parish?
 5. What is my attitude to blasphemy in speech, on the TV, in the media?
 6. In the light of Coronavirus and our parish churches closed, how can I continue to stay
     close to Jesus and remain faithful? 
      7. How can we be converted in our hearts and re-evaluate my relationship with God?
      



No comments:

Post a Comment