Thursday, April 16, 2020

No 118 Why was the death of Jesus part of God’s plan?


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

Jesus the Teacher

JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.



No 118.  Why was the death of Jesus part of  God’s plan? (CCC 599-605)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:
‘To reconcile to himself all who were destined to die because of sin God took the loving initiative by sending His Son that He might give himself up for sinners.  Proclaimed in the Old Testament especially as the sacrifice of Suffering Servant, the death of Jesus came about “in accordance with Scripture’.

What does this mean for me?

1.  Imagine for a moment what it would be like if God had not sent Jesus to take our place as sinners.
2.  I can acknowledge constantly in prayer the great gift God gave to the world by sending His Only Son to die for our sins.so that we could be reconciled to God.
3. I can read and meditate on the passion and death of Jesus regularly to remind myself of God’s great love.


Questions to consider.

  1. What does it mean to me to be reconciled to God?
  2.  How will I examine my conscience with regard to my personal sins and vices each day?
  3.  How can I appreciate the Passion, death and resurrection of Jesus?
  4.   In what areas of my life do I need conversion of heart and need personal reconciliation with God?
  5.  What am I doing for my parish to contribute?
  6.   Are there people in my life that I need to be reconciled?  What actions am I able to make to enter into a process of reconciliation?
  7.    In the light of Coronavirus and our parish churches closed, how can I continue to stay close to Jesus and remain faithful? 
  8.   How can we be converted in our hearts and re-evaluate my relationship with God?

      



No comments:

Post a Comment