Thursday, April 9, 2020

No 117 Who is responsible for the death of Jesus?


COMPENDIUM SERIES

Jesus the Teacher

JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.



No 117.  Who is responsible for the death of Jesus? (CCC 595-598)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:
‘The Passion and death of Jesus cannot be imputed indiscriminately either to all the Jews that were living at the time or their descendants. Every single sinner, that is, every human being is really the cause and the instrument of the suffering of the Redeemer; and the greater blame in this regard falls on those above all who are Christians who more often fall into sin and delight in their vices

What does this mean for me?

1.  I can consider my role in the passion and death of Jesus by considering my sins and vices and resolving to turn away from them with God’ help.
2.  I can kindly correct anyone who blames the Jews and gently point out that the whole of humanity is responsible because we have all sinned.
3. I can read and meditate on the passion and death of Jesus regularly to remind myself of God’s great love.

Questions to consider.

       1   How can I appreciate the saving plan of God- the Paschal Mystery in my life every
    day?
 2. 
How will I examine my conscience with regard to my personal sins and vices each
    day?
        3. In what areas of my life do I need conversion of heart?
 4. How do I contribute to my parish?
 5. What is my attitude to blasphemy in speech, on the TV, in the media?
        6. In the light of Coronavirus and our parish churches closed, how can I continue to
      stay close to Jesus and remain faithful? 
      7.    How can we be converted in our hearts and re-evaluate my relationship with God?
      


No comments:

Post a Comment