Thursday, April 25, 2019

No 97 How does Mary cooperate in the divine plan of salvation?


COMPENDIUM SERIES


No 97 How does Mary cooperate in the divine plan of salvation? (493- 494, 508-511)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 

By the grace of God, Mary was kept free from every personal sin her whole life long. She is the one ‘’full of grace’’ (Lk 1:28),’’the all holy’’.  When the angel announced to her that she would give birth to ‘’Son of the Most High’’ (Lk 1.32), she freely gave consent with the obedience of faith (Romans 1:5). Mary thus gave herself entirely to the person and work of her Son Jesus espousing wholeheartedly the divine will regarding salvation

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly for His love for giving Mary to me as my heavenly mother.
  • I can be thankful that Mary was preserved from not only original sin but from personal sin throughout her whole life. 
  • I can pray and ask Mary to avoid the occasions of sin.
  • I can ask Mary to gain the graces of God and to avoid sin in my life. 
  • I can pray to Mary to give my yes to God in all my undertakings in my life.

Questions to consider.

  1. How would I explain Mary being free from personal sin all her life so that  it would have  an impact on the life of the other person to whom the on explaining them?
2.       What benefit does it have to me knowing that Mary cooperated with the divine will of salvation?

3.     When I think of Mary born without original sin, and free from personal sin all her life, does it inspire me to avoid the occasions of sin? 

4.  How can I incorporate praying to Mary (e.g. saying the rosary) into my life each day?
 





No comments:

Post a Comment