Thursday, April 18, 2019

No 96 What does the Immaculate Conception mean?


COMPENDIUM SERIES

 

Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series.

No 96 What does the Immaculate Conception mean? (487- 492, 508) 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 

God freely chose Mary from all eternity to be the Mother of His Son.  In order to carry out a mission, she herself was conceived immaculate.  This means that, thanks to the grace of God and in anticipation of the merits of Jesus Christ, Mary was preserved from original sin on the first instant of the conception.

Mary our mother ( photo: D Camilleri).

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly for His love for giving Mary to me as my heavenly mother.
  • I can be thankful that Mary was preserved from an original sin on the first instance of her conception. 
  • I can pray and ask Mary to avoid the occasions of sin.
  • I can ask Mary to gain the graces of God and to avoid sin in my life. 
  • I can pray to Mary to help me say yes to God in all my undertakings in my life.

Questions to consider.

  1.  How would I explain the teaching of original sin and the teaching of the immaculate conception so that these teachings we have an impact on the life of the other person to whom the on explaining them?
  2. What benefit does it have to me knowing that Mary is my heavenly mother?
  3. When I think of Mary born without original sin, does it inspire me to avoid the
    occasions of sin?

  4. How can I incorporate saying the rosary into my life each day?






No comments:

Post a Comment