Friday, April 5, 2019

no 94 What is the meaning of the expression "'conceived through the power of the Holy Spirit""


COMPENDIUM SERIES

 
No 94 What is the meaning of the expression “conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit”? (484- 485)

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 

This expression means that the Virgin Mary conceived the eternal Son in her womb by the power Holy Spirit without the cooperation of a man.  The angel told her at the annunciation that the Holy Spirit will come upon you (Lk 1:35)

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly for Mary’s faith and her yes to God.  By Mary May not have understood completely in how this was to be, but I love and faith in god is an example to me. 
  • I can be thankful that Joseph was a man of honour and cooperated with with God’s plan through Mary as husband and stepfather to Jesus.
  • Some people think that Catholics worship Mary.  I can direct them clue to the true teaching, that is, Catholics worship and adore God only, but venerate Mary and the saints through prayer using sacred images to help them in the contemplation.
  • I can be thankful too that Jesus chose to love us and humbled himself by being born of a woman.  I can ponder bear Jesus the Son of God lived in Mary’s womb for nine months going through: all the stages of development by the baby goes through in utero.

    Questions to consider.

  1. 1. How would my explanation of this teaching make a difference to another person?
    1. 2. 
     What benefit does it have to me knowing that Jesus grew up in the womb of Mary        but it was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit? 
  2. 3.     3. How do I say yes to God when I do not understand what He is asking? Is my faith strong like Mary to yes to God without fully understanding?
  3. 3.      4.How do I carry the word of God to others so that they too can carry and give birth to Him  in their lives? 

  1. 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment