Thursday, April 11, 2019

No 95 Why is Mary truly the mother of God?


COMPENDIUM SERIES


JESUS THE TEACHER:
COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON



No 95” born of the Virgin Mary’’..  Why is Mary truly the mother of God? (494- 509)

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 

Mary is truly the mother of God because she is the mother of Jesus (John 2:1, John 19:24).  The One who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and became truly her Son is actually the eternal Son of God the Father.  He is God himself.

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly for His love for giving Mary to me as my heavenly mother.
  • I can be thankful that Jesus humbled himself to be born of Mary and to experience a life on earth out of love for the world. 
  • I can be like Mary and ponder and treasure God in my heart.
  • I can ask Mary to help all pregnant woman to: a child to full term. 
  • I can pray to Mary who lose their child throughout the pregnancy and to comfort mothers who give birth to a stillborn child.

Questions to consider.

1.     How would my explanation of this teaching make a difference to another person?
2.     What benefit does it have to me knowing that Mary is my heavenly mother?
3.     When I think of Mary watching her Son, Jesus suffer and to be put to death, what impact does this have on my relationship with her as my mother? 
4.  How can I incorporate saying the rosary into my life each day?





No comments:

Post a Comment