Thursday, April 7, 2011

Compendium Series: who is the Holy Spirit?

47. Who is the Holy Spirit revealed to us by Jesus Christ? (CCC 243-248)

Compendium states:
The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Most Blessed Trinity.  He is God, one and equal with the Father and the Son.  He “proceeds from the Father” (John 15:26) who is the principle without a principle and the origin of all Trinitarian life.  He proceeds also from the Son (Filioque) by the eternal Gift which the Father makes of him to the Son.  Sent by the Father and the Incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit guides the Church ‘to know all truth’ (john 16:13)


What does this mean for me?
  1. I am able to come to know the Holy Spirit and enter into a deeper relationship with Him.
  2. I can pray to the Holy Spirit to help me to know all truth and pray that the Church accept His guidance.

 Questions to consider:
  1. What is my relationship with the Holy Spirit?
  2. Is the Trinitarian life present in my life? How might I review my life in light of the Trinitarian God?
  3. How does the Holy Spirit guide the Church?
  4. Do I accept and acknowledge the guidance of the Holy Spirit in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment