Thursday, April 14, 2011

Compendium Series: Expressing Trinitarian faith

48. How does the Church express her Trinitarian faith? (CCC 249-256, 266)

Compendium states:
 The Church expresses her Trinitarian faith by professing a belief in the oneness of God in whom there are three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  The three divine Persons are only one God because each of them equally possesses the fullness of the one and indivisible divine nature.  They are really distinct from each other by reason of the relations which place in correspondence to each other.  The Father generates the Son, the Son is generated by the Father, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.

What does this mean for me?
  1. Even though the Trinity is a mystery, I can profess my belief in the oneness of God in whom there are three Persons each day.
Questions to consider:
  1. How can I come to know and deepen my relationship with Father, Son and Holy Spirit?
  2. How can I profess my belief in the oneness of God in whom there are three Persons?

No comments:

Post a Comment