Thursday, January 17, 2019

What does the word Incarnation mean: no 86 Compendium Series


COMPENDIUM SERIES:

THE BIBLE  COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON


 Let us take up the journey from last week from Part 1 Section 1 Chapter 2 which discusses in detail the Nicene Creed (which we say every week at Mass). We will take up the journey from the phrase 

'' Jesus Christ was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and was born of the Virgin Mary''


86. What does the word “Incarnation mean? (CCC 461-464,83).

Compendium states:
The Church calls the mystery of the wonderful union of the divine and human natures in the one divine Person of the Word the ‘Incarnation’’. To bring about our salvation the Son of God was made ‘flesh’) Jn 1:14) and became truly man.  Faith in the Incarnation is a distinctive sign of the Christian faith.

What does this mean for me?

1.Each time I say the Nicene Creed at Mass or in my own prayer time, at these word "by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,and became man. ..."', I can recall these reasons for the Son of God becoming man, be thankful and ponder them constantly.
2.  I can choose to accept that Jesus became man for me, and in accepting it be challenged to explore the model of holiness to which Jesus calls me.
3. I can be grateful for God's divine nature within me every day and embrace it, and to learn to experience more deeply His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.

1.How does the ‘’Incarnation’’ of Jesus Christ impact me?

No comments:

Post a Comment