Thursday, January 31, 2019

What does the Council of Chaledon teach us in regard to Nicene Creed ( No 88) Compendium Series.


COMPENDIUM SERIES



JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON


No 88 What does the Council of Chalcedon (in the year 4511) teach in this regard (467)


Compendium states:



The Council of Chalcedon teaches us to confess óne and  the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, perfect in his humanity, true God and true man, composed of rational soul and body, con-substantial with the Father by his divinity and con-substantial with us by His humanity, like us in all things but sin ( Hebrews 4:15) begotten from the Father before all ages as to His divinity, and in those last days, for us and our salvation, born of Mary, the Virgin Mary and Mother of God, as to His humanity.

What does this mean for me?



1.    Each time I say the Nicene Creed at Mass or in my own prayer time, I can be thankful that many people have wrestled with the teachings of the Catholic Church but have arrived at the truth as we say it in the Nicene creed.
2.    I can constantly be thankful for Jesus becoming man for our salvation. With this we have the assurance that Jesus understands how we feel as He experienced it all except sin.
3.    I can be thankful too that Jesus did not lose His divinity whilst on earth and because of that embrace the divine nature He shares with me every day and learn to experience His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.


1.    Why was the Council of Chalcedon held?
2.    Why is the Council of Chalcedon relevant for me in the 21st century?
3.    When people poke fun of the ‘’Virgin Mary’’, what response can I make to educate them and to remain faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church?
4.    Knowing that Jesus is like us in all things except sin, what impact does that have for my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment