Thursday, January 10, 2019

Compendium Series: No 85: Why did the Son of God become Man?

Welcome to My Compendium Series: 2019. 



Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series Icon




Do you every wonder especially when life seems more challenging, what God's plan for you and for me is?  In this series, I encourage you to learn and soak in to your spirit what God's plan is as stated by the Compendium of the Catholic Church

When I started this series back in July 2010, my desire was to become more familiar with my faith so that I felt comfortable in not only knowing my faith, but being able to speak the truth of the faith confidently. To personalise the compendium of the Catholic Church, I followed these steps during the week:
·         learnt the answer to the question by rote.
·         inserted my name into these questions. 
·         wrote my own answer to the question in a simpler form without losing its integrity or meaning.
·         reflected on 'what it means for me".
·         reflected on 'Questions to consider'.
·         Devised an action for each day to integrate this truth of faith into my life.
·         Use the compendium series to shine on areas of my life which need repentance and use it for preparation for the sacrament of reconciliation.

If you have not visited this series before, you may wish to start the journey this year. If you started the journey and faded along the way,( like I have posting it)  you may wish to revisit this series and restart the journey, or if you have stayed on the journey, you may wish to continue the journey during 2019.
You may consider one question per week is not sufficient. I find it sufficient and able to done  by the above mentioned steps.  If you wish to proceed at a faster pace, decide on your plan of action that is most appropriate to you.

So, let us now start, restart or continue the journey for 2019.  Let us take up the journey from Part 1 Section 1 Chapter 2 which discusses in detail the Nicene Creed (which we say every week at Mass). We will take up the journey from the phrase 
'' Jesus Christ was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and was born of the Virgin Mary''

85. Why did the Son of God become man”? (CCC 456-460).

Compendium states:
For us men and for our salvation, the Son of God became incarnate in the womb of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit, He did so to reconcile us sinners with God, to have us learn of God's infinite love, to be our model of holiness and to make us "partakers of the divine nature' (Peter 1:4).

What does this mean for me?

1.Each time I say the Nicene Creed at Mass or in my own prayer time, at these word " for us men and our salvation..."', I can recall these reasons for the Son of God becoming man, be thankful and ponder them constantly.
2.  I can choose to accept that Jesus became man for me, and in accepting it be challenged to explore the model of holiness to which Jesus calls me.
3. I can be grateful for God's divine nature within me every day and embrace it, and to learn to experience more deeply His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.


1.What is my reaction to these reasons for Jesus becoming man? How does it impact me?

2.  How can I be reconciled with God today, this week, month? What action or step must I take?
3. How do I experience God's infinite love for me?
4. What does it mean to me to be a ''partaker of God's divine nature''?

5. What will I do this coming week to learn from the Son of God about His model of holiness? 

May God help us to value our salvation for sending His Son for our salvation.






No comments:

Post a Comment