Thursday, February 23, 2012

Compendium Series: the reality of sin.

73. How should we understand the reality of sin? (CCC385-389)

Sin is present in human history. The reality of sin can be understood clearly only in the light of divine revelation and above all in the light of Christ the Saviour of all.  Where sin abounded, he made grace to abound all the more.

What does this mean for me?
1.  I need to consider my sins in the light of Christ the Saviour- he was born, suffered and died so that my sins would be crucified to His cross and He is my personal Saviour.
2.  When I am tempted to sin, think of Christ’s suffering and death and how much love Christ was prepared to give me to be my Saviour.

Questions to consider:
  1. What does ‘in the light of Christ the Saviour of all’ mean to me?
  2. What can I do to benefit from the graces God provides and makes available through the church? (eg plenary/partial indulgences in the Year of the Grace).
  3. What sin/s do I need overcome so as to walk in the light of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment