Thursday, February 16, 2012

Compendium Series: orginal condition of humanity according to God's plan.

72. What was the original condition of the human person according to the plan of God? (CCC376-379,384)

Compendium states:

In creating man and woman God had give them a special participation in His own divine life in holiness and justice.  In the plan of God they would have not have to suffer or die.  Furthermore a perfect harmony held sway within the human person, a harmony between creature and Creator, between man and woman as well as between the first human couple and all of creation.

What does this mean for me?
  1. God’s plan is still possible for me today by accepting the special participation in His own divine life in holiness and justice and by searching within my own human person, the harmony between God and myself and in creation.
  2. Even though suffering and death was not part of God’s original plan,  I can ask God to assist me to use it so that His divine life in holiness and justice can be realised in me.
 Questions to consider:
  1. What is God’s special participation in His own divine life in holiness and justice?
  2. What would life without suffering and death be like?
  3. Do I recognise the harmony between myself and God within myself?
  4. What I do/feel when this harmony is out of balance?



No comments:

Post a Comment