Thursday, July 25, 2019

No 106 what do we learn from the temptations in the desert

COMPENDIUM SERIES

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.


No 106 What do we learn from the temptations in the desert? (538- 407,566)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 


The temptations of Jesu in the desert recapitulates the temptation of Adam in Paradise and the temptations of Israel in the desert. Satan tempts Jesus in regard to His obedience to the mission given by Him by the Father. Christ, the new Adam, resists and His victory proclaims that of his passion which is the supreme obedience of His filial love. The Church unites herself to this mystery in a special way in the liturgical season of Lent.

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God for His obedience to His Father and try to imitate this obedience in my life through with Jesus.
  • I can try to use my daily life to become holy through my daily acts of obedience, prayer, simplicity, work and family love.  
  • I can ponder carefully what the mystery of Christ’s sacrifice means to me.
  • I can enter into the mystery of this sacrifice more deeply every time I go to Mass and review my commitment to Lenten season.
·          

Questions to consider.

1.       What impact does the temptation of Christ have on me.
2.      How does this impact on how I live my life?
3.      How would I explain why Jesus was obedient to His Father?
4.      What steps can I take to embrace the benefits of  being obedient to God  in my life?
5.       Why was it important for Jesus to be numbered as a sinner like us when He was sinless?



No comments:

Post a Comment