Thursday, December 7, 2017

Advent Series: Season of Hope: Wednesday of First Week of Advent: Voice of Hope.

Voice of Hope.

Who speaks to me?  Someone I can trust?  Will the words I hear withstand the test of time?
Will they lead me to salvation or despair?

Who do I hear speaking to me in my darkness, speaking words of comfort, of hope?
I want to believe what I hear, but fear holds me back- fear based on past mistakes, fear based on caution. Dare I throw caution to the wind?

Still the voice persists, never growing weary- sometimes soft, sometimes strong, always loving, never giving up on me even when I am ready to give up on myself.

Dare I trust this Word?  Dare I not trust?

On the first Sunday of Advent, the first purple candle is lit. This candle is known as 'the prophecy candle' in remembrance of the prophets, primarily Isaiah, who foretold the birth of Christ. This candle represents hope or expectation in anticipation of the coming Messiah



Suggestion:


1.Light the Prophecy Candle of your advent wreath.  Spent some time quietening your spirit and coming into the presence of God in the bright warm light of the Candle. Read the scripture:

                                          It is I who say to you " Fear not.  I will help you". Isaiah 41:13


2.Write down your fears- fears based on past mistakes, and fears based on caution. Take time with your list. Read them and get in touch with the feeling of fear.  What happens physically, emotionally and spiritually to you when you fear.


3. Now take a deep breath trusting in  God and name one of those fears which you want to change into trust. Listen to the small voice within you to help you choose and be directed by Him.

You may choose to listen to You raise me up.

4.  Decide on one or two actions that you could take that will be a starting point towards  trusting. Allow yourself to be filled with hope as you take a step towards trusting/ retrusting God again in your life.

5. Re read the scripture again:  
                                      
                                            It is I who say to you " Fear not.  I will help you".  Isaiah 41:13

                        You raise me up

No comments:

Post a Comment