Monday, December 11, 2017

Advent Season of Hope Series: Weariness and Release

Weariness:

I am so weary from the constant demands of parenthood- demands that never seem to stop, just change. I am tired from the household tasks, from the endless clutter, from my family never picking up after them.

I am weary with my job and in my weariness I am overlooking so many details. Constant complaints  wear me down.

I am weary of the Christmas parties- the office get togethers- always something to bring- I make the effort with the Kris Kringle but no one else seems to care. I am weary of making an effort.

Suggestion:


1. Light the Prophecy Candle of your advent wreath.  Spent some time quietening your spirit and coming into the presence of God in the bright warm light of the Candle. Read the scripture:

                                         '' For the yoke that burdened them, the pole on their shoulder
                                     and the rod of their taskmaster, you have smashed as on the day of Midian'' 
                                                                                     Isaiah 9:3.

2. What makes you weary? Write a list of as many as you can. Don't make yourself weary doing it- just name the incident/experience/ frustration/ people involved. 

3. Who are the taskmasters in your life? Is it myself, colleagues, parishioners, stranger down the street, your boss?

4. Read aloud this weariness of yours and the task masters of your life? Reading it aloud helps you to acknowledge it, get it out into the open ( in a safe environment) . You might even add more to your list.

5. Now spend some time with the Lord and ask for release from your weariness-  breathe in His love, feel the release in your body and mind and spirit.  Feel the burden being lifted and the rod  being smashed. You might even like to find a twig of a tree or something to break   so that you hear the smash of the rod of the taskmaster and you feel the pole on your shoulder being lifted.

 You may wish to listen to Thou shall Break them ( Messiah)

6. Before you end your time, revisit  what you have begun in this season of hope-
We have explored our need to Trust again,  to believe, to listen to the voice of hope, to bring comfort and to  find release.
Read the scriptures which were helpful to you this week to encourage you in your journey of hope .

NB This was for Friday/Saturday of First week- I thought I had posted. Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment