Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Australia Day



Today is Australia Day-26 January.  there are always plenty of celebrations around the country for its citizens to join and celebrate. Many Australians become citizens of our country on this day at many ceremonies around the country.

On a personal note, today I played the organ for Mass first, playing  the 3 verses of the National Anthem, the third verse being the Christian verse, which sadly we, as a country do not sing regularly.

There is a lot to be thankful for in our country and a lot of issues that need God's grace.

My prayer for all my fellow citizens comes from the feast of our patroness- Our Lady Help of Christians, but I like this prayer for today also. I hope that you will pray it with me.

Lord, You place deep in our hearts the love of Mary Help of Christians,
Through her prayers grant wisdom to our leaders,
and integrity to our citizens,
Under her protection, may Australia be granted 
harmony, justice and peace.


Happy Australia Day to all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment