Thursday, January 12, 2012

Compendium Series; what was God's purpose in creating man and woman?

67. For what purpose did God create man and woman? (CCC358-359,380-381)

Compendium states:
God has created everything for them but he has created them to know, serve and love God, to offer all of creation in this world in thanksgiving back to Him and to be raised up to life with Him in heaven. Only in the mystery of the incarnate Word does the mystery of the human person come into true light.  Man and woman are predestined to reproduce the image of the Son of God made Man, who is the perfect image of the invisible God.
(Colossians 1:15).

What does this mean for me?
  1.  I can choose to live according to God’s plan each day- to know, love and serve him and to offer all of creation in this world in thanksgiving back to him.
  2. I can thank God that He desires me to reach heaven and live with Him for ever.
 Questions to consider:
1.  How do I reproduce the image of the Son of God in my life?
2. What is my attitude towards creation, and how does the knowledge that God created everything for me alter it?
3. What is my attitude to human life?
4. How might I choose to be pro-life according to Gospel values?

No comments:

Post a Comment