Sunday, July 10, 2011

Opening Prayer 15th Sunday of Year A

The Opening Prayer for the 15th Sunday of Year A reads as follows:


Let us pray
(that the gospel may be our rule of life)
God our Father,
Your light of truth guides us to the way of Christ.
May all who follow Him
reject what is contrary to the gospel. 

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged.

  1. What does the gospel teach me?
  2. What does it mean for me to have the gospel as my rule of life?
  3. How will the gospel be my rule of life this coming week at work, family, parishioners. strangers?
  4. What is your light of truth?
  5. How does your light of truth guide me to the way of Christ?
  6. What is the way of Christ?
  7. How can I follow Christ more closely this coming week?
  8. What areas in my life are presently contrary to the gospel and how will I reject them?
May your week be blessed as you sow the seed in rich soil and yield a worthy harvest .



No comments:

Post a Comment