Friday, July 15, 2011

Compendium Series: Why does God permit evil?

58. Why does God permit evil? (CCC 312-314, 324,)

Compendium states:

Faith gives us the certainty that God would not permit evil if he did not cause a good to come from that every evil.  This was realized in a wondrous way by God in the death and resurrection of Christ.  In fact, from the greatest of all moral evils (the murder of His Son) he has brought forth the greatest of all good (the glorification of Christ and our redemption).

What does this mean for me?
  1. Reflect on my own life- and realise the good that came from ‘evil’ ( pain, tragedy,)
  2. I can thank God for my redemption through the death and resurrection of Jesus paid by the price of evil.
  3. I can reflect on the death of Jesus in a new light ‘the greatest of all moral evils- the murder of His Son.

Questions to consider:
  1. How can I answer this question to a person who has no faith?
  2. How does reflecting on the death of Jesus as the greatest of all moral evils- the murder of His Son alter my perspective?


No comments:

Post a Comment