Thursday, July 28, 2011

Compendium Series: Who are the angels?


60. Who are the angels? (CCC )

Compendium states:
The angels are purely spiritual creatures, incorporeal, invisible, immortal and personal beings endowed with intelligence and will.  They ceaselessly contemplate God face to face and they glorify Him.  They serve Him and are his messengers in the accomplishment of his saving mission to all.

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can join my praise with them and ask them to intercede for me to God.
  2. I can ask them to teach me to contemplate, since they ceaselessly contemplate God face to face and glorify Him.
  3. I can thank God that I have a guardian angel who assists me.

Questions to consider:
  1. What is my relationship with my guardian angel? How might I improve this relationship?
  2. How might the angels assist me in my life?
  3. How can I be in tune with the angels as they serve Him, and are his messengers in the accomplishment of his saving mission to all?
  4. How might God want me to contribute to the accomplishment of His saving mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment