Saturday, June 18, 2011

Opening Prayer Series: Trinity Sunday Year A

The Opening Prayer for the Solemnity of Trinity Sunday Year A reads as follows:

Let us pray
(to the one God Father. Son and Spirit
that our lives may bear witness to our faith)
Father,
You sent Your Word to bring us truth
and Your Spirit to make us holy,
Through them we come to know the mystery of Your life.
Help us to worship You our God in three Persons
by proclaiming and living our faith in You.

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged.

  1. What is my relationship with God- Father, Son and Spirit?
  2. How might I bear witness in my life  to my faith this coming week?
  3. What is the truth that Jesus the Word gives to me?
  4. How can I spread that truth in my life?
  5. What does being holy mean to me?
  6. How does the Holy Spirit make me holy?
  7. How might I live my faith and proclaim it in worship and in my life this coming week?

In today's Gospel Jesus speaks to Nicodemus.  It is a powerful gospel, but if we just listen to it as if it refers to Nicodemus only, then we have lost out badly.  Either at Mass or during the week, why not read this Gospel again, using your own name and making it quite personal.  Then see how you react to this Gospel.

'Jesus said to me
God loved me so much that He sent His only Son,
so that I who believe in Him may not be lost,
but may eternal life.
For God sent His Son into my world
not to condemn my world,
but so that through Him my world may be saved.
No one who believe in Him will be condemned
but  I who refuse to believe in Him is condemned already,
because I have refused to believe in the name of God's only Son.'
May your faith grow in the love of Father, Son and Spirit.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment