Thursday, June 9, 2011

Compendium Series: What is divine providence?


55. What is divine providence? (CCC 302-306, 321)

Compendium states:

Divine providence consists in the dispositions with which God leads his creatures toward their ultimate end.  God is the sovereign Master of his own plan.  To carry it out, however, He also makes use of the cooperation of his creatures.  For God grants His creatures the dignity of acting on their own and of being causes for each other.
What does this mean for me?
  1. I can ask God to help me to cooperate with His plan each day.
  2. I can repent of the times where I have not cooperated with God’s plan for my life.
  3. I can thank God for granting me the dignity of acting on my own and of being causes for other people.

Questions to consider:
  1. Why does God use the cooperation of his creatures when He is sovereign Master of his plan?
  2. What hinders me in accepting God's divine providence in my life?
  3. What is God's plan for me and how can I cooperate with it fully?

No comments:

Post a Comment