Thursday, June 16, 2011

Compendium Series: Collaboration with divine providence

56. How do we collaborate with divine Providence? (CCC 307-308, 323)

Compendium states:

While respecting our freedom, God asks us to cooperate with Him and gives the ability to do so through actions, prayers and sufferings, thus awakening in us the ‘desire’ to will and to work for His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13)

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can thank God for giving me the ability to cooperate with Him.
  2. I can repent of my actions, prayers and sufferings when they do not cooperate with divine Providence.
  3. I can ask God to increase the desire to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Questions to consider:
  1. What are the actions, prayers and sufferings in my life which do not cooperate with God?
  2. Do I truly desire to will and to work for His good pleasure?
  3. What is my freedom and what does it mean for me in my relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment