Thursday, May 5, 2011

Compendium Series: Why affirm God created the heavens and earth

51. What is the importance of affirming ‘in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth’ (Genesis 2:1)? (CCC 279-289)

Compendium states:
The significance is that creation is the foundation of all God’s saving plans. It shows forth the almighty and wise love of God and it is the first step toward the covenant of the one God with his people.  It is the beginning of the history of salvation which culminates in Christ and it is the first answer to our fundamental questions regarding our very origin and destiny.

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can praise Father God for creation and for His wise love.
  2. I can praise God for my origin and destiny brought about by creation as the beginning of the history of salvation.
Questions to consider:
1. Why is creation the first step toward the covenant of the one God with His people?
2. What is my personal salvation history?
3. What do I consider to be my origin and destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment