Sunday, March 14, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Fourth Sunday of Lent

OPENING PRAYER SERIES.

OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.

OPENING PRAYER

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the Fourth Sunday of Lent reads as follows:

Let us pray 
(for a greater faith, and love)
Father of peace, 
we are joyful in your Word,
Your Son Jesus Christ, who reconciles us to You.
Let us hasten toward Easter 
with the eagerness of faith and love.


REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 
1. How might my prayer for a greater faith and love be different this week?
2. Has my Lenten journey made a difference in my desire of the Kingdom?
3. Why am I joyful in Your Word, Your Son Jesus Christ?
4. What does Christ's reconciling act mean to me personally?
5. How does it affect my relationship with Father God?
5. Why do I want to hasten towards Easter- am I ready to celebrate the Easter Tridiuum?
6. Is my faith and love eager- how might I demonstrate my faith and love this week?
7. How might I prepare to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation?


GOSPEL REFLECTION.

In today's Gospel, we hear the parable of the Prodigal Son.  There is much to reflect on in this parable, the reactions of the Father, the younger son, the older son and the servants. There is a younger son, older son and servant in each of us at times.
During this season of Lent, let us come home
to the loving embrace of our Heavenly Father
who is willing to forgive us.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment