Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday Opening Prayer

OPENING PRAYER SERIES.

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.

OPENING PRAYER


The Opening Prayer of the Mass for Palm Sunday reads  as follows:

Let us pray 
(for a closer union with Christ during this holy season)
Almighty, ever living God, 
You have given the human race Jesus Christ our Saviour 
as a model of humility.
He fulfilled Your will by becoming man and giving his life on the cross.
Help us to bear witness to You by following His example of suffering 
and make us worthy to share in His resurrection.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. How will I follow Christ in closer union during this Holy Week?
2. What is Christ's model of humility?
3. How do I fulfil Your will in my life?
4. How will I bear witness to You in my life this week?
5. What attitude do I have to suffering?
6. How can I follow Christ's example of suffering?
7. What does Christ's death and resurrection mean to me personally?


Christ, the Son of God was willing to obey the will of His Father to die and rise so that the whole human race could be saved. Christ died and rose for ME.  

Let us enter into this holiest of weeks and accompany Christ
on His journey to His death and Resurrection.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment