Sunday, March 21, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: fifth Sunday of Lent

OPENING PRAYER SERIES

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.


OPENING PRAYER.

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the Fifth Sunday of Lent reads as follows:

Let us pray
(for the courage to follow Christ)
Father,
help us to be like Christ Your Son,
who loved the world and died for our salvation.
Inspire us by His love,
guide us by His example,
who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit,
one God for ever and ever.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week,the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. How will I follow Christ with courage this week?
2. What changes do I need to make in my life in order to follow Christ?
3. What does 'to be like Christ' mean to you?
4. What aspects of my world do I not love?
5. How might these aspects come under Christ's salvation personally?
6. Do I know what Christ's love is to be inspired by it?
7. What is the example of Christ and how might I be guided by it in my life this week?

SCRIPTURE REFLECTION


In the second reading, Paul urges us to put Christ first in our lives.  We cannot reach perfection by our own efforts, but that we can run the race by keeping our eyes on our goal- the prize which God longs to give us. He encourages us to live in hope as we strain ahead for what is still to come.
During this season of Lent, let us personally hear the tender and compassionate words of Christ say:

'Neither do I condemn you,
go and don't sin any more'.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment