Thursday, March 4, 2021

No 125 What is the 'hell' into which Jesus descended? ( CCC 632-637)

 

COMPENDIUM SERIES

Jesus the Teacher
   

                                 JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.

 

No 125.  What is the “hell” into which Jesus descended? (CCC 632-37)

 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

The “hell’ was different from the hell of the dammed. It was the state of all those  righteous and evil, who died before  Christ.  With His soul united to His divine person, Jesus went down to the just in hell who were awaiting their Redeemer so that they could enter the vision of God.  When He had conquered by His death both death and the devil who has the power of death (Hebrews 2:14 , He freed the just who looked forward to the Redeemer and opened for them the gates of Heaven.

What does this mean for me?

1. Imagine being one of those people who were awaiting their  Redeemer  e.g. Prophets from the Old Testament, St Joseph,  St Joachim and St Anne ( grandparents of Jesus). What would they have felt when Jesus came to them?

2.       What areas in my life am I still awaiting my Redeemer to come?

3.       How does Jesus come to me each day with His redemption?

Questions to consider.

1.     How can I  tap into the Divine in me and unite it more deeply with my humanity?

2.     What does redemption mean to me for my life currently?

3.    How do I show gratitude to Jesus for His suffering, death and resurrection to save and redeem me?

4.     How does this truth affect the way I recite the Nicene and Apostles Creed?

No comments:

Post a Comment