Thursday, August 29, 2019

No 110 What is the meaning of the Transfiguration?


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

JESUS THE TEACHER COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.


No 110 What is the meaning of the Transfiguration? (CCC 554-556,568) 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:
Above all the Transfigurations shows the Trinity: ‘’the Father in the voice, the Son in the man Jesus and the Spirit in the shining Cloud” (Saint Thomas Aquinas). Speaking with Moses and Elijah about the ‘’departure’’ (Lk 9:31) Jesus reveals that His glory comes by way of the Cross and He anticipates His Resurrection and His glorious coming which “will change our lowly bodies into a copy of His glorious body’’ (Philippians 3:21).

What does this mean for me?

1.            I can thank God that Jesus loves the world so much that through His suffering, death and Resurrection, I have the hope of future glory with Him. .
2.            I can be thankful for the Trinity where each person has contributed to the salvation of humanity and yet, through each person, God reveals Himself to me..

Questions to consider.

1.      How do I contribute to the transfiguration of humanity? 
2.      How do I build up the Church – what contribution do I make? 
3.      How do I recognise the voice of the Father? 
4.      How do I recognise Jesus? 
5.      How do I recognise the Holy Spirit in my life?  What is the shining cloud in my life?




No comments:

Post a Comment