Thursday, August 8, 2019

No 108 Why did Jesus manifest the Kingdom with signs and miracles?


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

 

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

No 108 Why did Jesus manifest the Kingdom with signs and miracles? 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

Jesus accompanied His words with signs and miracles to bear witness to the fact that the Kingdom is present in Him, the Messiah. Although He healed some people, He did not come to abolish all evils here below but rather to free us especially from the slavery of sin. The driving out of demons proclaimed that His cross would be victorious over “the rule of the world” (Jn 12:31).

What does this mean for me?

1.            I can thank God for coming amongst us and bearing witness through signs and miracles to make His presence known.
2.            I can choose not be a slave sin by examining my life and see which areas need conversion.  
3.   I can accept the boundless mercy of the Father through Sacrament of Reconciliation on a regular basis.
4.            I can enter into the mystery of the Kingdom on earth.


Questions to consider.
1.      What impact do the signs and miracles strengthen my faith in the kingdom of God?
2.      How does this impact on how I live my life?
3.      How would I explain why Jesus offers the Kingdom of God to all?
4.      Why is it necessary to be willing for conversion?
5.      What steps can I take to embrace the benefits of being in the Kingdom in my life?



No comments:

Post a Comment