Thursday, August 15, 2019

No 109 In the Kingdom, what authority did Jesus bestow upon the Apostles


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

 

No 109 In the Kingdom, what authority did Jesus bestow upon the Apostles?


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:
Jesus chose the twelve, the future witnesses to His Resurrection, and made them sharers in His mission and of His authority to teach, to absolve from sins, and to build up and govern the Church.   In the college, Peter received the “keys to the Kingdom’’(Mt 16:19) and assumed the first place with the mission to keep the faith in its integrity  and to strengthen His brothers.

What does this mean for me?

1.            I can thank God that Jesus chose twelve future witnesses to His Resurrection and that, through them, the Church is able to carry out the mission of Christ.
2.            I can be thankful for the gift of priesthood and support priests in whatever way I can. (check out Year of Priest series).


Questions to consider.

1.      How do I contribute to the mission of the Church and in my parish?
2.      How do I build up the Church – what contribution do I make?
3.      What are the keys to the Kingdom for me and when I do receive them?
4.      How do I keep faith in its integrity in order to strengthen other people?
5.        



No comments:

Post a Comment