Thursday, June 27, 2019

No 104 What does the hidden life of Jesus teach us?


COMPENDIUM SERIES

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.


No 104 What does the hidden life of Jesus teach us? (533- 533,563)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 


In the course of His hidden life in Nazareth Jesus stayed in the silence of an ordinary existence. This allows us to enter into fellowship with Him in the holiness to be found of daily life marked by prayer, simplicity, work, and family love.  His obedience to Mary and to Joseph, his foster father, is an image of His filial obedience to the Father. Mary and Joseph accepted with faith the mystery of Jesus even though they did not always understand.

PERSONAL RESPONSE


What does this mean for me?

  • I can offer up my ordinary existence and enter more deeply into fellowship with Jesus.
  • I can try to use my daily life to become holy through prayer, simplicity, work and family love.   
  • I can ponder carefully the role of Mary and Joseph and like them, learn to accept with faith the mystery of Jesus especially when I do not understand fully.
  • I can consider carefully how Jesus showed obedience to God the Father and imitate that obedience in my life.

Questions to consider.

1.      What impact does the hidden life of Jesus in Nazareth have on me and how I live my life?
2.      How would I explain the hidden life of Jesus at Nazareth and its teaching for holiness so it would have an impact on the life of the other person to whom I am explaining it to them?
3.      What steps can I take to embrace holiness in my life?
4.       What benefit does imitating the acceptance of Mary and Joseph of what I do not understand fully?

No comments:

Post a Comment